Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.
We are almost 29 000 employees, across 50 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the
potential to make their mark because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us.
Make Your Mark Video
Team overview and Job responsabilities
The successful candidate will be able to improve our industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
As process engineer you are able and strive towards structural improvements on process design, procedures, working instruction and proposal for required resources and/or investments.
- Organize, implement and maintain production process flow
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Develops processes for manufacturing products using Lean, Six Sigma, and/or Statistics-based methods and principles for process excellence
- Monitors and audits the performance of processes and equipment and makes recommendations for continuous improvement necessary to maximize process capability.
- Develop working instructions, standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed
- Improve continually existing operation, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings
- Investigate operational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions
- Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing i.e. accurate work instructions
- Provide manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target
- Organize meetings with other team members to facilitate growth
- Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop
- Liaise with suppliers on manufacturing process
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent technical skills
- Metals, Compounding or Extrusion experience is an advantage
- More than 3 years of experience as Process Engineer or similar.
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Engineering
- Advanced English and Spanish
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.